Re-certification and Refresher
Industry standard recommendation to maintain current competency is for this course to be refreshed every 3 years, with the CPR component to be refreshed annually.
Previously known as Apply first aid or Senior first aid, this training course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid response, life support, management of casualties / the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on an adult manikin on the floor.
- Completed in 1 Day (face to face)
- No pre course assessment required
- Practical workplace skills based delivery and assessment
- Delivery by trainers with hands on real life experience
- Flexible delivery options:
- Our Bunbury or Albany training rooms for scheduled courses or custom sessions for small to large groups
- Custom Workplace Delivery for small to large groups
To book a course online click Here
Or contact us on 1300 177 337 to discuss your needs
Scheduled or custom courses in our Bunbury or Albany Training Centre
$179 per participant
$160 per participant for group bookings (10 or more)
Workplace delivery (within 50km of our Bunbury or Albany training centre)
$179 per participant (minimum 6 participants)
$160 per participant (10 or more)
Courses outside a 50 km radius will be subject to a travelling fee.
See what our clients say, Testimonials
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have an Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Participants will be assessed through demonstration of practical skills, participation in scenarios, and knowledge questioning. It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
- Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least two simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the candidates workplace/community setting, including:
- conducted a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- post-incident debrief and evaluation
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
- Applied first aid procedures for the following:
- allergic reaction
- bleeding control
- choking and airway obstruction
- envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- fractures, sprains and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation techniques
- respiratory distress, including asthma
On successful completion of this refresher course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.