Re-certification and Refresher
Industry standard recommendation to maintain current competency is for this course to be refreshed every 12 months.
This CPR first aid course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain breathing and circulation in an adult, child or infant following cardiac arrest. Content is based on Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on an adult manikin on the floor.
- Completed in under 2 hours (face to face)
- No pre course assessment required
- Practical workplace skills based delivery and assessment
- Delivery by trainers with hands on real life experience
- Minimise downtime with our workplace delivery options
- Flexible delivery options:
- Our Bunbury or Albany training rooms for scheduled courses or custom sessions for small to large groups
- Custom Workplace Delivery for small to large groups
To book a course online click Here
Or contact us on 1300 177 337 to discuss your needs
Scheduled or custom courses in our Bunbury or Albany Training Centre
$59 per participant
$49 per participant for group bookings (10 or more)
Workplace delivery (within 50km of our Bunbury or Albany training centre)
$69 per participant (4 to 9 participants)
$59 per participant (10 or more)
Courses outside a 50 km radius will be subject to a travelling fee.
See what our clients say, Testimonials
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have an Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Participants will be assessed through demonstration of practical skills, participation in scenarios, and knowledge questioning. It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
- Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate s workplace/community setting, including:
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
On successful completion of this refresher course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.